Friday, August 31, 2012

My Day On The Floor

Right Up Front!

Ronna Romney McDaniel was very kind to let me use her Delegate credential all day on Wednesday.  So I arrived early to get down on the floor and get my picture taken :)





Everyone gets an assigned seat.  I was using Ronna's badge, so I sat in the front row as the convention got under way.  We have a few Ron Paul supporters in our delegation and they went crazy when the video of Ron Paul was played and then his son Senator Rand Paul addressed the convention.




There was a very touching video from Bush 41 & Bush 43.





There was a lot of shuffling of seats on this night.  As people would be brought down, they would try and move people around.  I slid back to the 2nd row part way thru the night.  I got this neat shot of our delegation:




Condoleezza Rice gave an excellent speech.  She has such a remarkable personal story.  Doubt she would serve in a Romney Ryan administration...she wants to be NFL Commissioner :)



I told the staff if they needed a seat, I was willing to get give mine up.  When Congressman Mike Rogers showed up, I gave up my seat.  I posted to Facebook: "Just gave up my seat to the Chairman of the Intelligence Committee.  Now there is a story :) "

I spent the rest of the night standing in the isle.  I moved back when security complained, but managed to work back along side Ohio (right behind Michigan and The Northern Marianas Islands) for the Paul Ryan speech.





He gave a fantastic speech.  Very well received.  Spelled out the problems America has and that the Romney Ryan team will work to fix them.  They have a plan (unlike the current administration).

We did have a few Code Pink protesters removed during his speech.  (sorry...its not a great picture)




I could not tell what they were chanting...

No comments:

Post a Comment